Public Health and the Environment: Uncovering Key Social, Ecological, and Economic Connections, by Dr. Edna L. Negrón systematically addresses how to promote the environmental protection in an integrated and coordinated way for the wellbeing of humankind.
The reader can have a better understanding of environmental health fundamentals including:
• Ecological and health effects of pollution
• Health in the context of cities and the urban environment
• Housing quality
• Social, environmental, and economic influences on people's health
• Globalization trends
• Sustainable healthcare systems
• Public and environmental health education
In essence, the author makes the case to Widening the adoption of sustainability actions across multi-sectorial and interconnected landscapes would improve people’s health in most social, economic and environmental determinants.